We’re reimagining eating at work in five ways:
About WE Factory
WE Factory is a workplace culture design and learning studio specialized in food culture founded by Veronica Fossa. We combine the power of tools, food, and community to create work environments in which we reconnect with each other, reinforce our relationships, and grow with a sense of purpose.
- We deliver delicious and engaging food experiences and training and consult organizations and conference organizers on how to promote responsible and delicious food cultures in business environments
- We provide toolkits and resources that help team communicate and connect at work
- Through design for inclusion, we aim to give a seat at the table to everyone
- We fight food waste and help give access to good and healthy food at work to everyone
- We are the creators of the first International Meal at Work Day that rallies a global community of people over lunch at work
During her studies, Veronica worked several jobs with toxic and unhealthy work cultures. She paid little attention then, but the first seed for WE Factory was planted.
When she moved to Helsinki for her studies, she joined her flatmate on a food carnival called Restaurant Day, a global event started in the Finnish capital in which everybody could open a restaurant for a day. Inspired by the joyous spirit of the event, a few months later Veronica opened her first pop-up restaurant with a couple of friends. Cooking food for others gave her so much joy that she decided to pursue a career in the food industry.
It wasn’t until then that she noticed how people socialized during the dinners she produced and how excited people were when they ate together. One night, again in a toxic job, she found herself recalling her early work experiences. The lack of space to eat was equal to the lack of opportunity to be heard. She turned to friends and family members about their workplace experience. Whether it was the bad quality of food in work canteens, poor communication between employees and managers, or lack of attention for the human side, she discovered patterns of disconnect that continually cause employees unhappiness. Luckily, food offered the biggest opportunity.
“What if I use the power of food to design solutions that unlock the potentials of people at work?”
Answering that question has led her on a journey she would have never believed possible.
With WE Factory we set out to create the workplace food of the future. One that is:
- Human – We want to change how eating at work is designed. We believe that people have the right to be in spaces designed for their needs. Not the other way around. People are at the heart of everything we do. We use human-centered design methodology and design thinking to uncover human insights.
- Sustainable – We want to change the way people eat at work. With so much food wasted we believe that it’s our responsibility to prevent any waste as much as possible. We feel passionate about creating concepts with little impact on the planet.
- Multicultural – We believe that food at work should mirror an increasing multiculturalism. As we move towards a world of increased mobility, we encourage diversity and the innovation and opportunity that comes with different perspectives. Our design process is first and foremost a cultural one that reflects a wealth of situations, cultures, and environments.
Meet Our Team
Founder & Chief Happiness Designer
Veronica is an Italian social entrepreneur, workplace food designer, catalyst for business well-being, writer, speaker and facilitator, fan of breakfasts, and the voice of all things WE Factory. She regularly speaks about happiness at work, sustainability, entrepreneurship, community-building and experience as a catalyst for social change. A natural super-connector, she is always connecting ideas and people, making introductions and up for a big conversation about a new idea.
Quite early on with a travel bug, Veronica has lived in Finland, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, and Russia. In 2017 she was recognized as an Emerging Young Social Innovator by Ashoka. Veronica holds degrees in Culture Management at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice in Italy. She is a graduate in Economics of Entertainment at Jönköping International Business School in Sweden and Design Management at Aalto University in Finland.
Damiano is a web developer, a craft beer lover, and a specialty coffee enthusiast.
Being involved with WE Factory from the start, Damiano is in charge of all things tech. A fan of Tim Ferriss, he has been a remote freelancer for a few years and is looking into sustainable and healthy ways to embrace being a location-independent professional in the long run.
Damiano holds degrees in Computer Science from the University of Trento in Italy. He is a graduate in Software and Service Architecture from European Institution of Innovation and Technology in Hungary and Italy. When he is not busy with WE Factory, he can be found working as a freelance web developer for creative businesses and social enterprises.
Our Network of Experts
We are a distributed studio of specialists and generalists that builds teams on a per-project basis. We have an extensive network of experts including chefs, designers, baristas, roasters, strategists, architects, technologists, facilitators, communicators, and creatives of all kinds. These associate partners who are experts in their fields become part of a project when they are needed. That enables us to deliver holistic solutions and support our clients throughout the entire journey everywhere in the world.